PBD Ransomware is a category of file encryption virus that belongs to Dharma ransomware family. It is newly discovered by the cyber-criminal who’s name Jakub Kroustek. It is mostly designed to lock down the target system and encrypt all kind of system files. When files are encrypted using a well-built encryption algorithm, you will be not capable to open them as they’ll be locked. Data encoding malicious program is classified as a highly unsafe threat since data decryption isn’t always likely. Also, it renames all files by adding a personal ID, email address and “.PBD” extension to their filenames. For example, it renames a file named “1.jpg” to “1.jpg.id-1E857D00.[firstname.lastname@example.org].PBD“, and so on.
In order to restore files encrypted by PBD, victims are instructed to contact cyber criminals who developed PBD via email@example.com email address or @payBuyDay account on Telegram. It is mentioned that the earlier they will be contacted, the lower the price of a decryption of one file that can be sent to them before making a payment. Once a ransom is paid (in Bitcoins), cyber criminals supposed to send a decryption tool. Once encrypted all types of files then it leaves a ransom note on the system screen in the form of html or text. The ransom note contains a brief message which states that that your data are encrypted with a tough encryption key.
Removal Instructions for PBD Ransomware
If you want to remove PBD Ransomware , we strongly recommend that you first backup your data, just in case something goes wrong. Then, you can go to the manual or automatic removal instructions given below, depending on which type of the steps suits you more. If you lack the experience and the confidence that you will remove PBD Ransomware manually, then you should do what most experts would and save yourself some time by downloading and running a scan with an windows anti-malware software. Such programs are designed to quickly detects and delete threats and programs with intrusive behavior, like PBD Ransomware , in addition they also aim to ensure that your system is protected against future intrusions as well.
Most of the computer users may not know how much does PBD Ransomware affect with their Windows. In fact, it will infect almost all version of Windows, either you using Windows Xp, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. All among these version are infected, only the degree of infection is not the same.
What are Ransomware?
Ransomware is one kind of malware infection that threatens to broadcast the victim’s data or always block access to it unless a ransom is paid. Although a few simple ransomware may lock the system in such a way which is not difficult for a knowledgeable person to reverse, highly sophisticated malware uses a method called cryptoviral extortion, in which it encrypts the victim’s files or data making them inaccessible, demands a ransom amount to decrypt them. Users are shown instructions for how to pay a ransom to get the decryption key. The costs can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands, payable to cybercriminals in Bitcoin. If your computer has got affected with ransomware, you’ll need to regain control of your machine. This page contains step-by-step instructions to remove PBD Ransomware and decrypt or restore .bufas, .ferosas, .dotmap or .radman files in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
Step1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Continue pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option menu appears on your computer screen.
- Then Choose Safe Mode With Networking option using arrow key and press Enter.
Step 2 :- Kill PBD Ransomware Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Hold Ctrl+Alt+Del button together to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now Tap Process tab to view all running process in your Computer.
- Select all malicious process related with PBD Ransomware and click End Process option.
Harmful Impacts of PBD Ransomware on System:
- It easily alters your all version of Windows OS like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 OS based computer without permission.
- It blocks some legitimate application running in your computer such as antivirus software, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting, command prompt and others.
- This cunning malware is able to hijack your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers.
- It modifies the default setting of home page, new tab and search engine of your browser that can cause redirect your search on hacked or third parties’ websites constantly.
- They can connect your System to remote server and allows the hacker to access your computer in their own ways that can be very dangerous for you.
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal steps is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it’s quite lengthy and complicated process. PBD Ransomware is a kind of very nasty threat that makes too many changes into the affected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. Even, it has been seen that minor mistake while using manual steps can result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their crucial data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing PBD Ransomware virus.
Step 3 :- Uninstall PBD Ransomware From Control Panel
Step 4 :- Remove PBD Ransomware From Browsers
Step 5 :- Remove PBD Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Hold “Windows + R” button altogether on your keyboard.
- To Launch/Open Registry Editor, type “regedit” and Click on OK button .
- Find and Remove all malicious registry entries created by PBD Ransomware virus.
Registry Keys Created by PBD Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
Tips For Preventing PBD Ransomware And Other Malware In Future
Once you get rid of PBD Ransomware infection completely from your computer, you must beware of such kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to prevent your computer from these type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from unwanted websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful security and malware removal program.
- Regular scan your computer for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan for viruses when plugging an external USB Flash Drive
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Scan all the junk/spam email attachment before opening it.
- Don’t open junk/spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
Note- The windows scanner we provide here to scan PBD Ransomware on any computer system is reliable as well as clever enough to identify all kinds of threats, viruses and malwares which can disrupt your Windows PC by any mean. The windows scanner suggested on our website is compatible with all versions of Windows Computer and will not hamper your computer by any mean.