Lulz Ransomware is a kind of vicious Computer infection that belong to Ransomware Family. It is explicit designed to lock down the target system and encrypt all types of files. Lulz Ransomware is a malicious software that is designed to encrypt data with the AES-256 encryption algorithm, change victims wallpaper, rename encrypted files and create a ransom note. It renames all files by adding the “.Lulz” extension to their filenames, for instance, it remains “1.jpg” to “1.jpg.Lulz”, and so on. It also puts the “Fu_ck.txt” file (without “ –“ symbol) in every folder that contain encrypted data. By using such services criminals can easily keep away from the struggle of developing anything, because it requires little to no programming knowledge.
Lulz Ransomware will scan your whole hard drive for files. It will lock down all your files using a powerful encryption algorithm. It will add its possess extension to the end of all your filenames and make your data unreachable. Lulz Ransomware will inquire that all your files are encrypted with a powerful algorithm and can only get unlocked by a private decryption key. You will not be able to access any of your files and paying ransom money is not an option. This cycle will keep going on hopeless you decide to fight back. After a through research we have establish that users who pay ransom money get hit by other similar threats very frequently.
After a through research we have found that users who pay ransom money get hit by other parallel threats very often. Apart from this, there is no way to make sure that decryption key won’t bring any other viruses on your computer. It is very dangerous to pay ransom money because it will depiction your financial details and risk your identity.
Removal Instructions for Lulz Ransomware
If you want to remove Lulz Ransomware , we strongly recommend that you first backup your data, just in case something goes wrong. Then, you can go to the manual or automatic removal instructions given below, depending on which type of the steps suits you more. If you lack the experience and the confidence that you will remove Lulz Ransomware manually, then you should do what most experts would and save yourself some time by downloading and running a scan with an windows anti-malware software. Such programs are designed to quickly detects and delete threats and programs with intrusive behavior, like Lulz Ransomware , in addition they also aim to ensure that your system is protected against future intrusions as well.
Most of the computer users may not know how much does Lulz Ransomware affect with their Windows. In fact, it will infect almost all version of Windows, either you using Windows Xp, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. All among these version are infected, only the degree of infection is not the same.
What are Ransomware?
Ransomware is one kind of malware infection that threatens to broadcast the victim’s data or always block access to it unless a ransom is paid. Although a few simple ransomware may lock the system in such a way which is not difficult for a knowledgeable person to reverse, highly sophisticated malware uses a method called cryptoviral extortion, in which it encrypts the victim’s files or data making them inaccessible, demands a ransom amount to decrypt them. Users are shown instructions for how to pay a ransom to get the decryption key. The costs can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands, payable to cybercriminals in Bitcoin. If your computer has got affected with ransomware, you’ll need to regain control of your machine. This page contains step-by-step instructions to remove Lulz Ransomware and decrypt or restore .bufas, .ferosas, .dotmap or .radman files in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
Step1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Continue pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option menu appears on your computer screen.
- Then Choose Safe Mode With Networking option using arrow key and press Enter.
Step 2 :- Kill Lulz Ransomware Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Hold Ctrl+Alt+Del button together to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now Tap Process tab to view all running process in your Computer.
- Select all malicious process related with Lulz Ransomware and click End Process option.
Harmful Impacts of Lulz Ransomware on System:
- It easily alters your all version of Windows OS like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 OS based computer without permission.
- It blocks some legitimate application running in your computer such as antivirus software, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting, command prompt and others.
- This cunning malware is able to hijack your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers.
- It modifies the default setting of home page, new tab and search engine of your browser that can cause redirect your search on hacked or third parties’ websites constantly.
- They can connect your System to remote server and allows the hacker to access your computer in their own ways that can be very dangerous for you.
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal steps is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it’s quite lengthy and complicated process. Lulz Ransomware is a kind of very nasty threat that makes too many changes into the affected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. Even, it has been seen that minor mistake while using manual steps can result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their crucial data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing Lulz Ransomware virus.
Step 3 :- Uninstall Lulz Ransomware From Control Panel
Step 4 :- Remove Lulz Ransomware From Browsers
Step 5 :- Remove Lulz Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Hold “Windows + R” button altogether on your keyboard.
- To Launch/Open Registry Editor, type “regedit” and Click on OK button .
- Find and Remove all malicious registry entries created by Lulz Ransomware virus.
Registry Keys Created by Lulz Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
Tips For Preventing Lulz Ransomware And Other Malware In Future
Once you get rid of Lulz Ransomware infection completely from your computer, you must beware of such kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to prevent your computer from these type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from unwanted websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful security and malware removal program.
- Regular scan your computer for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan for viruses when plugging an external USB Flash Drive
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Scan all the junk/spam email attachment before opening it.
- Don’t open junk/spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
Note- The windows scanner we provide here to scan Lulz Ransomware on any computer system is reliable as well as clever enough to identify all kinds of threats, viruses and malwares which can disrupt your Windows PC by any mean. The windows scanner suggested on our website is compatible with all versions of Windows Computer and will not hamper your computer by any mean.